Sunday, March 12, 2017

CANTWELL CLIFFS - OHIO

-CANTWELL CLIFFS

                              39.544724         -82.588305


[​IMG]

Cantwell cliffs is located in the Northern reaches of Hocking Hills - 17 miles from Old Man's Cave.

Down through the "Fat Womens Squeeze"


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]

One can choose to follow the trails of the valley floor or the rim. A commanding view of the cliff and rock shelter is offered at Lookout Point on the East Rim Trail. They had a rope blocking off the rim around the cliff. The rope caused me to hesitate for a moment, but after a quick glimpse around, I shuffled around the ledge anyway. The rope was not much of a deterrent and I figured it was probably just put in place because of liability concerns. That way if I fell to my death they would not be sued. We will go with that, besides I felt overwhelmingly compelled to traverse the ledge to the other side.

[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


Narrow passageways caused by large slump blocks that have fallen away from the main cliff. The most narrow passage has been sarcastically named Fat Womens Squeeze.

[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment