Wednesday, January 1, 2020

UTAH - "VALLEY OF THE GODS"


"Valley Of The Gods" - Easter Day 2017

[​IMG]


And there it was, as I traveled south on 163, the turn off to the Valley Of The Gods. If you were daydreaming, you could blow right past it. No grand entrance here. But a grand place to spend as much time as can be spared - it certainly was.

Had to take a moment and let it all sink in. Slow it down and relax. Let the spirit of the valley whisper to me. That is often one of the challenges of covering huge miles in a short time. You get in a rhythmic flow of a faster magnitude. Mentally and physically. You can overlook things. Vitally interesting things. So, when I zero in on a special place deserving my undivided attention, sometimes, I have to get ahold of myself. Snapping out of mile eater mode and into the moment. Full blown into the moment. Seeking out the details of a dream location with heightened clarity. 


My head was on a swivel while traversing the 17-miles of hard-pack dirt and gravel. Firm enough that even the ST could get a little bit frisky. The GSA would be king out there. This was one incredible valley, showcasing isolated buttes and towering pinnacles. Wide-open land. A welcome respite from civilization.

The up-side of covering the miles, is that I was there. Without which, it probably would never have materialized for me. Regardless of enjoying the challenge of LD riding, more importantly - it is a travel tool. Just have to be versatile; able to switch modes. The depth of the many dimensions within oneself must be realized and mastered. Knowing how to trigger the proper mind-set ... at will. It was sinking in ! Still couldn't believe it ... that I was there. It felt like nothing else. Like another planet.


The Mighty ST's first water crossing. :lol3

[​IMG]



[​IMG]



[​IMG]

Maybe words cannot even describe this place. If they can, I'm still searching for them. Any play on words that I can manage to put together doesn't seem to do justice for this geological paradise. Not compared to the strong feelings that were experienced while passing through this strange and powerful ancient land.

[​IMG]



[​IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment