Wednesday, January 22, 2020

More of Tucumcari, New Mexico

The next morning after coffee, I packed the bike and prepared to hit the road. It was Easter Sunday. Wouldn't ride as many miles today, maybe only 550, but I'd be getting into the good stuff. Was heading for the Four Corners Region and Utah.

Once again, breakfast could wait. Would get some miles under my belt first and earn it. Before departing Tucumcari, I'd ride around and snap some pictures and stop into the Blue Swallow Motel.


[​IMG]



[​IMG]



[​IMG]



[​IMG]

The owner of the Blue Swallow happened to be from Brighton, Michigan. Not too far from my neighborhood. They have a nice gift shop, and after purchasing a couple of souvenirs, I asked permission to walk around the motel grounds. Permission was granted.

[​IMG]



[​IMG]

As I walked around back, I noticed that there were multiple small garages with gravel floors situated in-between some of the rooms - and that they had various murals on the walls.

[​IMG]

Had to go and get a closer look at some of the murals.

Here's a few of the more appealing ones.


[​IMG]



[​IMG]



[​IMG]

The fireball was breaking the horizon. It was time to fuel up the ST and jump back on I-40 west towards Albuquerque.

[​IMG]

On the way out, another building, splashed with murals. One more stop. You can't imagine how many times I crawl on and off my bikes for photographs! Radio Ranch. Must be the local radio station.

[​IMG]



[​IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment