Wednesday, January 8, 2020

SELIGMAN, ARIZONA - Route 66


Leaving the Grand Canyon National Park, I followed 64 south, down to Interstate 40. Then I proceeded to hammer west on Interstate 40 towards Kingman. I knew of an affordable motel in Kingman - complete with a vintage neon sign.

On the way, a stop off in Seligman for fuel was warranted. Back on Route 66. 


[​IMG]

Seligman is on old Route 66, just off of I-40. This section of old Route 66 will also lead you to Kingman. I'd considered taking the old route, and probably should have, but the ST felt really good barreling down the expressway, and I wanted to get settled in and find a decent dinner before nightfall.


[​IMG]

Seligman struck me as kind of cluttered and junky. It felt as if the little town was trying too hard to market Route 66, with little else to offer. Granted, I didn't stick around long enough to give it a chance to charm me.


[​IMG]

It was wild, occasionally seeing the distance to Los Angeles pop up on the roadside mileage signs as they blurred by. The country suddenly becomes very small when you are wielding an ST with an auxiliary fuel cell.


[​IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment