Friday, June 28, 2013

"Skyline Drive" Shenandoah NP - Virginia

        Starting out in Front Royal, Virginia - I rode the Skyline Drive from north to south, about 110 miles.










     About 15 miles in I came across a Mother Bear and her two tiny cubs. I stopped about 15-20 feet from her and watched them. The Mother looked back at me - right in the eyes - and the two cubs put their front paws up on the tree (one cub on each side of the tree) and looked back at me nervously - ready to climb up the tree if need be.

     Then they just slowly wandered back in the woods. Thats when I grabbed the camera and took a picture of the mom as she was leaving, but the cubs were already out of sight.



   I took a little riding break and stretched my legs a bit on the Appalachian Trail.
Someday I would like to take the time to hike the AT.


No comments:

Post a Comment