Monday, June 10, 2013

Bald Eagle

   I have been spotting Bald Eagles between Genoa and Woodville ,Ohio lately.
Last week I had one flying adjacent to me in a field,and last year I spotted 2 more.
   The picture is of one I pulled right up next to as he was eating an animal right at the side of the road.Then he flew up on top of the pole and I snapped a picture.It was an impressive sight to see in person.


     Also,I spotted one in the Smoky mountain area a couple of years ago while leaving Deals gap and heading to the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge,and I spotted one flying high above me in Lake Placid,New York last year on the way to Maine, and occasionally I spot one while in Northern Michigan.
   It is nice to see the Bald Eagle making a strong comeback from years ago,as when I was a kid growing up in the Great Lakes Region in the 70's and 80's we never saw them.
   It makes my day when I spot an Eagle while out on a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment